58 years passion for metal
Emerging out of a traditional blacksmithery, since 1958 our company has developed into one of the leading full-service manufacturers with an international presence in metal system construction.
Good honest work, fairness and a customer-oriented approach are important to us and form the basis for our success. Our practiced corporate culture also includes loyalty to the company: our employees work on average almost twice as long for WSM as workers of comparable companies.
The willingness to continually learn and a constant eye out for new challenges and trends make us optimistic about the future. Just as it was at the beginning – more than five decades ago.
- 1958 Entry in the trades register as a blacksmith shop.
- 1960 Expansion of the production to railing, window and door construction (construction blacksmith).
- 1963 Company founder Walter Solbach recognises the great advantages of mass production. Construction of pallets for storage of glasses in large numbers.
- 1967 Development and production of hinge-less aluminium showcases in Morsbach. The information systems product range comes into existence.
- 1969 Production of the first canopy systems.
- 1970 In the 70´s bicycle stands were sold together with a Dutch partner. WSM produces matching roofing for them, and so the fourth product range has emerged: bicycle parking systems.
- 1973 Founding of the WSM GmbH in July 1973, with the directors Walter Solbach and Leopold Wendler. The manufacture of roofing is moved into a new facility at Waldbröl.
- 1974 From the demand for closed canopies emerges the new “modular room systems” product sector. Here WSM sets new standards in the market. With the “R-House” a classic is created.
- 1979 At 19 yr. Peter Solbach enters the company founded by his father.
- 1980 Series production of room systems.
- 1986 Completion of our office building.
- 1993 Series production of showcases now takes place in a separate processing center in Waldbröl. A first high-bay warehouse storage system radically reduces delivery times for information systems. Room and shelter systems are now mounted in a new 6,000 m² hall.
- 1997 WSM founds the METAMAX sister company based in the Czech Březnice. Thus, WSM can continue to produce the labor-intensive component groups at competitive prices and maintain the same high-quality standards and delivery reliability.
- 2000 First certification according to DIN ISO 9001.
- 2007 After the retirement of the founding generation there is a restructuring process. Under the SOLIT GmbH umbrella the companies of the group continue their growth.
- 2008 Werner Schenk, son-in-law of Walter Solbach, is appointed as additional managing director.
- 2009 Introduction of new ERP software to improve sales and production processes. Networking of customers and suppliers in the areas of master data, interfaces and online communications is significantly improved.
- 2011 With the opening of a larger paint shop, the conversion to a particularly environmentally friendly and resource-conserving coating technology takes place, with which new quality standards are set.
- 2014 First shelter series pass the related structural inspection. WSM customers thus acquire quality products with type-certified stability verification for load optimised snow and wind values.
- 2015 In order to expand our international market position, we have introduced a pioneering adaptation of brand strategy in our group of companies: As of 1st January, 2015 “METAMAX s.r.o.” is renamed “WSM – Czech Republic s.r.o.”.